The village is dominated by 3 public buildings, Matt the Threshers Inn & Restaurant, Coopers Bar and The Coffee Roastery, while the Railway Station and the old Creamery are 200m from the village centre.
Matt The Threshers
Formerly run by the Hassett family, this has been a licensed premises since 1890. It served as a Post Office, bakery, grocery, pub and light hardware outlet at different times until acquired by Ted & Kay Moynihan in 1987, and established as a leading inn and restaurant. The business is now under the management of Ted and Kay’s daughter Charlotte and her husband Jimmy Lyons.